Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Rainbow Hoodie Poncho 2004-2005


I started this one with Simply Soft yarn.
I had originally purchased the burgundy color with a boy's sweater in mind. But, the color that was red under the "big box store" lights far from sunshine, ended up being significantly pinker in daylignt.
So, a change in plans, and the next in line girl matched it up with the Rainbow Simply Soft. I'll have to write the pattern down someday, because it really was fun to knit. I started at the top center of the hood and it just grew from there. If I remember right, there are some Fibronachi stripes at the beginning. And the stitch pattern progressed from small leaves to large fern leaf lace patterns at the bottom edge.
The top of the hood never quite worked out right. I was really obsessive about top down seamless work at the time, and hadn't mastered picking up stitches around a neck yet. Given what I know now, I would probably pick up stitches and do a Elizabeth Zimmerman baby hood thing for the hood. Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment