Thursday, November 29, 2007

Star of David Baby Afghan



I made this baby blankie for a friend that I work with. I was trying for a "Star of David", trying to be kind of subtle and do the pattern mostly with texture. The variegated "color" of this yarn was really soft, and I made my decision to use this brand based on the softness of that first skein. The solid colors weren't nearly as soft, and I was really disappointed by that. Secondly, I started in the center and worked out to the outside edge. When I got it off the circular needles, the whole middle was just too puffy. It bulged out like a blister. So, I carefully cut the yarn at the point where the bulge started and reknit that part back into the center. At the start, I had a really cool thing going with significant numbers of rows and stitches. That still worked on the outer rings, but when I frogged out the center, it didn't really go back with the same numerology. But, I think it came out pretty good in the end. Email me if anyone is interested in the "pattern".

No comments:

Post a Comment